Happy Friday, y’all!
What an incredibly relaxing week it has been! This week I have been gathering ideas from Pinterest and seeing how I could incorporate them in my home. I even started some DIY projects and tutorials to post later! Here are the highlights of my week —
1. I’ve really needed some motivation to get my kitchen together. (A project I started last summer!) In an effort to get excited about it again I took a crafting break after looking for ideas about how to decorate the tops of my cabinets. I am in love with cork decor lately. There were no directions with this picture, but I knew I could figure out how to make the letters myself. I completely finished the “B” last night and started the “A”. Then, I ran out of materials. Never fear! I’ll be back with a 3 part DIY tutorial series.
2. So excited for QVC’s Christmas in July sales! Yes, I am “that girl” who loves all things holiday decor and shops on QVC. Anyways, these brushed silver cordless candle sticks are actually made of metal and have some weight, so they won’t fall over like my cheap dollar store ones. I totally justify this purchase because I like the look of candles in the windows of my home year-round. Side note: Did you know that’s a traditional sign of welcome and good hospitality dating back to colonial days? Great price and it’s on easy pay.. just sayin’.
3. First time using the weber grill. Heck, first time grilling food! ‘Tis the season, right? Perfectly cooked cheeseburgers and toasted buns. How much more July can you get?
4. This caught my eye in the ads on Facebook this week. As an English teacher, I am swooning. I might have to purchase this if I can find the original source!
5. I dug through my pictures of Germany and Prague and found a series of panoramic photos that I edited and laced together to get the full landscape! Thank God for Photoshop. I am going to follow get an engineer’s print of this from Staples this week and hang it in my house somewhere. Yes, this is completely original photography.
So, tell me about 5 great things from your week.
Feel free to post in the comments. And if you’re a blogger and you’d like to link up, also, head on over to these lovely ladies’ blogs to link up your own post!